Evidence-based Programs for K-12 Schools and Universities, Primary Care Practices, Healthcare Systems and Professionals, Parents and Children
When Faced With Stress, Depression and Anxiety, Everyone Needs Help to COPE
Learn How to COPE
Our Cognitive Behavioral Therapy-based (CBT) programs are designed to help children, teens and young adults deal with anxiety, stress and depression by showing them how to develop the skills needed to stop negative thoughts and start thinking and behaving in more positive ways.
The evidence-based 15-Session COPE Healthy Lifestyles TEEN (Thinking, Emotions, Exercise, and Nutrition) manual-based program builds upon the skills learned in the 7-Session Teen Program by including sessions on healthy nutrition and physical activity, helping teen to engage in healthy lifestyle behaviors, improve their self-esteem, cope with stress, and lessen anxiety and depressive symptoms.
Shortcuts to Order Forms
For parents seeking an easily-accessible, self-delivered, cognitive behavioral therapy-based online educational program to help their teenagers learn cognitive behavioral skills for coping with stress, anxiety and depression using an internet-connected home-based computer.
For primary care practices, healthcare professionals, primary care providers, mental healthcare and counseling professionals seeking to become COPE-certified instructors and deliver the manual or online CBT-based programs to their patients suffering from stress, anxiety and depression.
For teachers, administrators and school-based healthcare/counseling professionals seeking to become COPE-certified instructors and deliver the manual or online CBT-based programs to their students suffering from stress, anxiety and depression, as well as to promote their mental health.
Seven or fifteen, easy-to-navigate manual or online CBT-based sessions teach the skills necessary to help deal with problems and emotions, set goals, and feel happier, healthier and more positive every day.
By trying out new skills, writing about personal experiences, and working to find solutions to problems, children, teens and young adults are encouraged to change the way they think, act and behave.
CBT-based skills building activities encourage children, teens and young adults to live what they’ve learned throughout the week, strengthening their mental connections and behaviors that lead to positive change.
COPE2Thrive Program News
Elementary, Middle and High School Nurses, Teachers and Administrators
COPE2Thrive is selecting one school each month (for the next three months) from all eligible entries to receive one complimentary 7- or 15-session Manual-based Pilot Program and two complimentary 7-session Teen Online Self-delivered Program Access Codes.
Click here for more information.
- Our YouTube Channel now has over 100 subscribers and our videos have been viewed over 13,000 times.
- COPE2Thrive Online and Manual-based Programs have have been delivered to over 8400 children and teens in 41 U.S. states.
- Grant-funding resources to help you pilot the COPE2Thrive programs in your classroom or facility.
- We now have over 500 Program Instructors. Become an Instructor Today!
- New Program License Renewal Option for Instructors: Purchase of 40 hard-copy student workbooks/manuals (or 200 Print-Your-Own) since your previous delivery license renewal date (per instructor).
- We now have an Instructor's Networking Group open to all currently-licensed COPE instructors. To receive an email invitation to join, please complete and submit this form.
- A Print-Your-Own Student Manuals option is now available for larger schools, districts and providers (minimum 200/type) that provides a 75% off savings off the pre-printed manual price.
- 7-Session Teen COPE + HEP (Headache Education Program) Manual is now available.
- 7 - Session Teen Student Manual - Spanish Version is now available.
- 15 - Session TEEN Student Manual - Spanish Version is now available.
- Program Instructors: Don't forget the additional resources and information we have available to help with your program delivery.
- A Healthy Lifestyle Intervention Increases Physical Activity, Reduces Overweight, and Improves Psychosocial Outcomes in High School Students (COPE TEEN 15-Session Program).
- The National Cancer Institute has designated the 15-Session COPE Healthy Lifestyles TEEN Program as a Research Tested Intervention Program for obesity control.
- In a large high school-based COPE trial with 779 teens, those who participated in the program in comparison to teens who did not receive COPE had:
- Higher average scores on social skills, specifically cooperation, assertion, and academic competence
- Higher academic performance
- Less alcohol use
- Less depression
- Greater healthy lifestyle behavior
- Less overweight/obesity
- Free Program: COPE2Thrive is selecting one school each month (for the next three months) from all eligible entries to receive one complimentary 7- or 15-session Manual-based Pilot Program. Click here for more information.
- Start preparing now for Fall classes! Completing the COPE Instructors Training in the Spring/Summer will enable your school to begin offering the COPE manual-based programs to students individually or in a classroom at the start of the new school year.
- New York is the first state to pass a law that schools must deliver mental health curriculum, starting in 2018.
Online 7-Session Teen Program Students: Click the button below to begin or continue your program.
Manual-based Program Instructor Trainees: Please follow the link provided in your training materials.