When Faced With Stress, Depression and Anxiety, Everyone Needs Help to COPE
-- LEARN HOW TO COPE --
Our online and instructor-delivered Cognitive Behavioral Therapy-based (CBT) programs are designed to help children, teens and young adults deal with anxiety, stress and depression by showing them how to develop the skills needed to stop negative thoughts and start thinking and behaving in more positive ways.
Select the program designed for you:
Seven brief, easy-to-navigate sessions teach the skills necessary to help deal with problems and emotions, set goals, and feel happier, healthier and more positive every day. Online and manual-based programs are available.
By trying out new skills, writing about personal experiences, and working to find solutions to problems, children and teens are encouraged to change the way they think, act and behave.
Skills building activities encourage children and teens to live what they’ve learned throughout the week, strengthening their mental connections and behaviors that lead to positive change.
This Month's Product News
- Teaching teens cognitive-behavioral skills with the COPE Program can prevent overweight/obesity and reduce depression. Twelve-Month Effects of the COPE Healthy Lifestyles TEEN Program on Overweight and Depression in High School Adolescents. Journal of School Health. See abstract here.
- National Institute of Nursing Research - Notable Advances: A Healthy Lifestyle Intervention Increases Physical Activity, Reduces Overweight, and Improves Psychosocial Outcomes in High School Students (COPE TEEN 15-Session Manual-based Program).
- Health Affairs Blog: The Forgotten Chronic Disease: Mental Health Among Teens And Young Adults
- There are now fourteen intervention studies supporting the positive effects of the program.
- Our COPE Family of Instructors currently has over 390 members.
- COPE2Thrive Programs are helping children, teens and young adults in twenty U.S. States. Become a Certified Instructor today!
Quotes from some of our users:
Teen student: "It (COPE) made me more confident in myself. It helped me take a second and think about things before I react."
College student: "College is one of the most stressful experiences I've had in my life so far, so it was good to have COPE to help me deal with those stressors."
Parent: "Our family went to see the nurse practitioner because we were at a place where we saw our family struggling. It was hurtful to see our child suffer and struggle with every day interactions. After the first visit, we saw hope. Thanks to COPE, our family unit has gained confidence, self-control and she is empowered to function day to day."
Instructor: “As I was reading page 6 (from the student workbook) about Leslie - my client, a 12 year girl who is often bullied, began shouting out with enthusiasm: I hear ya Leslie! I feel your pain, and then after each sentence, I’ll be your new friend - I’ll walk with you!”
Current Online Students: Click the ONLINE PROGRAM PORTAL button to access your class.